The Hall has been serving the communities of Hammerwood & Holtye since 1931. It was established as a charity under the Charity Commissioners in 1950. Since then it has been managed by a Committee of Trustees appointed each year.
The Hall is established as a Charity registered under number 305224. Its purpose is set out in the charity document establishing the Charity dated 12 May 1950 (amended 26th November 2004 and 7th April 2017) is for the purposes of physical and mental training and recreation and social, moral and intellectual development through the medium of reading and recreation rooms, library, lectures, classes, recreations and entertainments or otherwise as may be found expedient to the benefit of the inhabitants of Hammerwood & Holtye and the immediate vicinity without distinction of sex or of political or other opinions.
The Village Hall, located in Hammerwood, provides light and airy facilities. Well heated in the winter - ideal for village activities, keep fit, children's parties and the like. We are especially proud of our newly redesigned and fitted kitchen! Regularly used each week for Dog Training classes. It serves the communities of Hammerwood & Holtye and the surrounding area.
If you would like to make a donation to the village hall to help with our continuing uplift programme, please contact us. Any donation, however small, will be gratefully received.